All these symptoms the doctor examines in detail, on what basis he had formed a picture of the disease and possible diagnosis. Stomach pain often occur with chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer, stomach cancer.
To confirm the diagnosis the doctor first assigns fibrogastroduodenoscopy (FGDS - examination of the internal surface of the stomach with the help of optical instruments). During the procedure, the doctor sees on the monitor of the mucous membrane of the stomach and all the defects. During the study, you can determine the acidity of gastric juice and to take a piece of tissue for histological examination if necessary. Often, the diagnosis shall also be x-rays.
Sometimes the pain left side under ribs can appear in various diseases of the pancreas. Often they are given in the back, but may appear in front. During the examination revealed the exact diagnosis.
Such pain can be associated with diseases and injuries of the spleen. The spleen is on the left side and under the ribs, it is enclosed in a capsule, which contains numerous nerve endings. In some diseases spleen increases in volume and compresses the capsule, resulting in pain. Very characterized by pain in the spleen for such infectious diseases as mononucleosis. At the same time it increases the liver, so the pain can be disturbed and in the right hypochondrium. The spleen may increase and in some Hematology diseases, e.g., leukemia.
Very dangerous injuries to the spleen, which can lead to rupture of this organ and a strong internal bleeding. Sometimes a ruptured spleen is not associated with injury and disease and can happen suddenly, on the background of physical exertion or even at rest.
Left rear pain under ribs can be a sign of disease of the pancreas or the left kidney. The pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach and has a head (located in the center and right in the region of the duodenum), body and tail (located behind and to the left). Pain behind and to the left under the ribs can be associated with inflammatory processes or tumours in the pancreas. For example, in chronic pancreatitis pain may appear in the center of his abdomen and give the left back. Cancer in tail of pancreas pain can be a continuous incremental.
The pain left and back under ribs can be a sign of disease of the left kidney. So, in acute or chronic left-sided pyelonephritis pain can wear a dull aching constant. Kidney disease pain associated with the passage of small stones. Such pains are called attacks of renal colic, they appear suddenly and are very severe in nature.
Sick with heart disease
With various heart diseases can also be pain on the left under the ribs. In ischemic heart disease and attacks of angina pains are sharp sudden in nature, last for a short time and removed nitroglycerin. If the pain is not removed, the patient may develop myocardial infarction.
In inflammatory and exchange-dystrophic processes in the area of the heart muscle (myocarditis, myocardiodystrophy) heart pain is usually aching or pressing and are often accompanied by cardiac arrhythmias.
Hurts osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
Pain left side under ribs can be a symptom of degenerative disc disease of the thoracic spine. They can have the most different character, so osteochondrosis easily confused with any other disease that can cause pain in the left subcostal region.
Pain left side under ribs can appear in many diseases. So when they appear it is best to immediately consult a doctor.
What is the meaning of pain in the left hypochondrium, radiating to the back left
In the left part of the abdomen below the ribs is stomach, pancreas, spleen. In case of illness or injury of any of these organs can cause pain that radiates to the back.
- Pain in the left hypochondrium often arise due to problems in heart, kidney, intestine. Therefore, for correct diagnosis it is necessary to consider all symptoms, including the nature and localization of pain. Of course, the correct diagnosis can specialist, and on the basis of survey analyses.
- Possible reasons for the appearance of pain that radiates to the back - diseases of the spleen and heart. Severe paroxysmal pain, often radiating to the back can be a symptom of inflammation of the spleen. But if the pain becomes very strong, sharp, increasing in attempts movement, and also accompanied by blue skin of the abdomen, especially the navel area, you should immediately call an Ambulance, because these signs indicate a possible ruptured spleen. Before the arrival of the doctor should be attached to the left side of the patient some cold item like ice or a plastic bottle with cold water.
- "Er" also will be needed if the pain experienced not only in the back but in the shoulder, arm, neck. After all, this may be indicative of myocardial infarction. For the same disease may indicate shortness of breath, a feeling of strong fear, shortness of breath. In such cases it is better to be safe, because the delay in medical care can be life-threatening.
- Pain that radiates to the back may indicate diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Strong burning pain, often radiating to the back area, is often an indication of stomach ulcers. Another characteristic symptom of the disease - frequent retching. The gastric ulcer after vomiting pain is noticeably reduced.
- Pain in left side of abdomen is characteristic for gastritis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. But sometimes, the pain may spread to the back area. If a person has gastritis with high acidity, pain occurs when he is hungry, and if with a low - after a meal. Special feature: gastritis often causes nausea, which does not happen ulcer.
- In any case you should not endure it and not to self-medicate but to consult the doctor and get tested. After all, the correct diagnosis and choose the most appropriate treatment can only a doctor. If the pain is severe, intolerable, you can have pain medication and to call a specialist. But under no circumstances it is impossible to heat the place where you feel pain.