If you are experiencing pain in the back muscles, then the possible causes are different. The back of a man from occiput to coccyx is completely covered by muscle and is very physical activity. So why hurt your back muscles?
Pain and crunch in joints over time can lead to terrible consequences - local or full restriction of movement in the joint until the disability. People, taught by bitter experience to cure the joints are natural remedy that is recommended by the rheumatologist.
Diseases of the spine
They suffer 85% of the population. Affect the vertebrae, intervertebral discs, spinal cord, stem, roots of the spinal nerves, veins, arteries, capillaries, ligaments, muscles. The most common diseases: osteochondrosis, spondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis, arthritis, arthrosis, scoliosis.
The enemy of the spine
Osteochondrosis is a chronic disease of the spine, leading to degenerative lesions and destruction of bone tissue, intervertebral discs, vertebral joint cartilage as a result of:
- hereditary predisposition;
- improper diet;
- excess weight;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- unnecessary stress;
- stress, etc.
With the anatomical transformation of the spine, its pathological mobility infringed nerves, soft tissues, medulla roots and vessels.Occurs soreness.
- the decrease of mobility in the vertebral joints (inability to straighten 100%, turn your head;
- the reduction of skin sensitivity, numbness, tingling.
To relieve the burden on a modified spine muscles reflexively tense up (compressed). Over time, a constant voltage provokes a different pain and muscle. The nature and localization of pain They are influenced by the distribution area:
- In the case of cervical degenerative disc disease, when the compressed veins and arteries, the pain is sharp, burning, throbbing. Localization is often one-sided head, the other part of the head.
- If thoracic degenerative disc disease, symptoms of which often resembles other diseases (internal organs, for example), pain or acute similar myocardial infarction, or gradual, incremental, similar to pneumonia, but the absence of cough and fever. Concentrated in qui inter costas area in the shoulder blade and upper abdomen.
- When lumbar osteochondrosis, muscle pain lumbar sudden, with backache. Sore muscles of the lumbar and leg, with the recoil in the groin and pelvis.
In the complicated version, with intergrowth of the vertebrae, pain decreases or disappears.
With cervical osteochondrosis, in addition to the fact that the sore muscles of the back and neck, symptoms of hypoxia: dizziness, nausea, headache, reduced alertness, sensitivity of the hands and shoulder, shortness of breath, limitation of neck. In adulthood, the possible sudden loss of consciousness, complicated – paresis and paralysis of the hands.
If thoracic degenerative disc disease — cough, "lump" in the throat, difficulty swallowing, bending, raising of hands, hypertension, pain in the heart area.
When lumbar osteochondrosis is a feeling of numbness of the skin, paresis and paralysis of the legs, the men – difficulties with urination and erection, in women – the menstrual cycle.
To what doctor to address, diagnosed
Due to similar with other disease symptoms sick people go to the therapist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist. This takes time, causes complications. The relevant doctor is a neurologist.
2 methods of diagnosis:
- laboratory: General and biochemical blood tests;
- instrumental: x-ray of the spine in 2 projections, MRI, CT and biopsy with microscopy.
The results of the research are selected options therapeutic techniques. Treatment of degenerative disc disease If you have muscle pain in your back, conservative and surgical treatment. Conservative in common:
- Medication. Is assigned at the time of the crisis. Used NSAIDs, muscle relaxants, hondoprotektory, vitamins b, E, angioprotectors, glucocorticoids, biogenic stimulators.
- Physiotherapy. Thanks to electrophoresis, acupuncture, magnetic therapy, physical therapy, etc. the healing process is faster.
- The Spa treatment. Effectively in remission.
- Diet. During the crisis need to eat small portions 5-7 times a day, eliminating fried, choosing boiled and steamed food. Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day.
If inefficacia methods performed surgery: remove intervertebralis herniation or intervertebral disk replacement with a silicone implant (prosthesis).
Diseases of the internal organs
Sometimes the muscle pain occurs on the background of diseases of internal organs:
- The gastrointestinal tract (stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer, perforated ulcer, intestinal pathology);
- pancreas chronic inflammation of the pancreas, chronic pancreatitis);
- the gallbladder (acute cholecystitis);
- liver (colic);
- respiratory (pneumonia, pleurisy, bronchitis, tuberculosis);
- of the genitourinary system (prostatitis, renal colic), gynecological diseases (myomas, inflammation of uterine appendages, endometriosis);
- cardiovascular diseases (myocardial infarction, angina, ischemic heart disease, aortic aneurysm).
The type of pain, concentration
When violations of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract, pancreas, gall bladder and liver acute pain localization – stomach, right side, with irradirovaniem in the waist and collarbone, just below the scapula. In hepatic colic the pain covers the right shoulder, shoulder blade, neck, belly. When inflammation of the prostate gland surrounding the pain.
Gynecological diseases and urinary apparatus muscles are sore lower back. Severe pain in the abdomen, genitals, diffundit in the back on two sides, on the background of frequent urination, evidence of renal colic.
In diseases of the respiratory system on a background of heat diffundit pain in the back below the shoulder blades and chest, scelesto cough.
Back pain on the left extend to left arm and neck, evidence of pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
And related symptoms
Plagued by nausea, heartburn, vomiting, hyperhidrosis. The muscles of the abdominal wall is compressed, making the abdomen hard.
Is most prevalent the reason. You can get:
- athletes in training due to an incorrect calculation of gravity or weight;
- children with excessive mobility;
- divers when they hit the water.
- pregnant women;
- young mothers when raising the child;
- when weight lifting or high physical loads;
- with intense movements;
- in the fall, especially from a height on your back or landing on my feet, whereby it is possible to obtain a compression injury of the vertebrae;
- when the mechanical shock from the outside — blunt force, blast, etc.
Main symptoms: sore back muscles along the spine and place of injury, it swells up. Due to injury of vessels is bleeding into soft tissue bruises.
Kind of pain, localization
Injuries spinal cord injuries lead to dull diffuse pain at the site of injury, without a clear definition of concentration. In injuries leading to torn ligaments without displacement or fracture of the spinous processes, the pain is sharp, focuses in the area of the spinous and transverse processes at fracture – in the region of the injured bone.
Damage in the thoracic region — loss of sensation in the extremities, ataxia, pain in region of heart, during inspiration.
Who to contact, diagnosis
You must get an appointment with a traumatologist, even if the damage seems insignificant. The trauma may be delayed.
Carried out visual inspection, history taking, study of the disease, is assigned a CT scan, chest x-ray. On the results diagnosis, further treatment lead neurosurgeon and semper. Recommended treatment With minor damage shown bed rest, use of anti-inflammatory and analgesic ointments and gels. Bed rest gradually replace small loads, trying not to reboot.
The helminth infections, particularly echinococcosis
Infrequent cause. Echinococcosis is a parasitic diseasecaused by larval stage of tapeworm Echinococcus. The infection occurs:
- upon contact with the animal carrier of worms;
- while eating contaminated animal faecal berries, vegetables, fruits;
- water from natural sources that contain helminth eggs.
Spreading with the blood through the body, it affects the internal organs, forming a one-part capsule, the cysts in the form of a bladder Cyst may contain up to 10 liters, to achieve a few pounds, to form not one year. Overgrown cysts lead to progressive destruction of the affected organ, up to its atrophy. Cyst rupture can cause anaphylactic shock.
Cause muscle pain of the back most often is hydatid disease of the spinal cord or kidneys.
Type of pain, location
The initial stage is asymptomatic. With the growth of cysts is changing.
When hydatid cyst of the spinal cord from compression of the bladder body and the vertebral arch and the spinal cord a sharp pain girdle with a concentration in thoracic region, increasing to the point of vigorous movements. The mobility of the spine is reduced, straight back muscles thicken, take the form of a roller, during palpation of the spinous processes of the spine painful.
And related symptoms During the helminthiasis of the spinal cord pain is felt in the limbs. When hydatid cyst of the kidney — fatigue, lack of appetite, weight loss, malaise. At a later stage added renal colic, exacerbation of pyelonephritis, difficulty urinating, impaired mobility of the kidney palpable tumor circular shape in the area of hypochondrium. Doctor Often people turn to allergists, internists, neurologists, infektsionistam that does not bring relief.
Treatment is surgical intervention, the attending physician is a neurosurgeon.
Diagnostics of helminthiasis
The main methods are:
- CT. Can detect tumors in the spinal canal.
- Myelography. Introduced in intercavernous channel of the spine, a contrast agent allows you to take pictures (myelogram).
- A blood test . The reaction of passive hemagglutination.
So what to do if the sore back muscles? Treatment of the spinal canal is the removal squeezes the vertebral arches (laminectomy), emptying the bladder, removing its outer shell, machining of the cavity is 2.5% iodium solution, then salt and sodium thiosulfate.
Cysts infected kidneys removed, if necessary, a resection, or nephrectomy. After the surgical treatment to avoid contamination are appointed by antihistamines.
One of the most difficult reasons. Autoimmune myositis is an inflammation of striated muscle that arises through the perception of the immune system the cells of the muscle fibers for threatening the health of agents and the destruction it their connective membranes. May be broken one muscle (local myositis) or more (priapism). If the affected skin, it is dermatomyositis. Autoimmune myositis occurs independently and on the background of the existing system pathologies: rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, scleroderma.
The main symptoms is muscle weakness, tension and swelling of the muscles, muscle pain, limitation of movement – the patient hard to get out of bed, serve themselves.
The type and location of pain
The pain is dull, not intense. Increases with temperature, movements. In some cases, completely disappears. Concentrated in the region of the excited muscles.
Perhaps a local increase in temperature. When pascebantur of the neck muscles, difficulty swallowing, thoracic muscles and diaphragm — complicated cough, breathing.
In Dermatomyositis, the skin is edematous. Emerge purple-red spots or nodules, severe itching. Who to contact, how to diagnose Autoimmune myositis can diagnose and treat rheumatologist. The inspection of the patient, clarification of existing complaints and the presence of systemic pathologies. Electromyography is appointed.
TreatmentsTreatment includes the use of:
- steroid anti-inflammatory hormones;
- immunosuppressants that suppress the immune response;
- extracorporeal methods of treatment hemosorption, plasmapheresis;
During exacerbation of the disease intravenous vitamins and antitoxic solutions. After relief of the condition usually prescribe medical massage and physical therapy.