Probably every woman who has ever been pregnant had experienced back pain, especially in the last stages of pregnancy. All carrying a child - a very complex process: the body and all the organs are rearranged and women have a double burden. Digestive, circulatory, respiratory and excretory system - they must now work not only on the woman but also her unborn child. I touched it and the musculoskeletal function of the spine.
Thus, back pain in pregnancy is not extraordinary, but quite natural phenomenon. Let's look at why this happens and what to do if it hurts badly, and traditional painkillers pregnant to buy it.
The causes of back pain during pregnancy
In the body of a pregnant woman from the first days begin to undergo changes that are somehow prepared her for a future joyful event. During pregnancy throughout its term nature which are introduced continuously adjustments, especially concerning hormones.
So, the hormone relaxin relaxes the ligaments of the sacral and coccygeal joints even. This provides them the mobility so necessary in childbirth.
But the stability of the lumbosacral falls, and the woman to compensate for you have to strain your back muscles and abdomen.
During pregnancy the estrogen in a woman almost the entire time is decreased and progesterone is elevated - this ensures optimal conditions for carrying. The reverse ratio (low progesterone and estrogen) can cause uterine bleeding and miscarriage)
Before birth the level of progesterone drops and estrogen increases
From estrogen depends on the elasticity and tone of the uterus, as well as its ability to shrink. Thanks to progesterone is ensured by the formation of the placenta and growth of the uterus throughout the pregnancy. Every week a new woman is gaining weight, her belly is rounded and more projecting forward. Since about 14 weeks, such evidence to discern from the outside, and to hide the pregnancy is difficult. It also changes the gait and posture of the expectant mother: if you notice, they all go with head high and flattened back by the shoulders. This gait is popularly called "proud". In fact, despite the fact that every woman internally and instinctively as nature, proud of their position, the reason for this is quite prosaic: the Center of gravity of the pregnant woman moves forward, the angle of the pelvis increases, increasing lumbar lordosis, and in order to maintain balance, the spine in the thoracic leans back with shoulders and head
Of course, to go all the time in this position hard - back inevitably starts to hurt, especially in the thoracic and lumbar. Thus, the main causes of back pain in pregnancy is physiological and is a direct connection from the position, that is, they are typical for any woman during pregnancy. this:
- Change the natural curves of the spine and shift the centre of gravity
- Increase elasticity of ligaments and joint mobility of the lumbosacral
- Reducing the amount of estrogen - the main hormone that AIDS in building normal bone structure
- The lack of estrogen gives rise to fragility of bones and leads to osteoporosis.
Important tips for pregnant women with back painTherefore, important tips that I want to give future mums is:
- The first thing you need to do during pregnancy is to ensure the normal daily intake of calcium, preferably with vitamin D, as one of the most important in the body
- Also along the way be sure to take folic acid, very important for the development of the fetus.
- Lack of folic acid can cause congenital spina bifida your child
Exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy you should also have to do daily exercises for expectant mothers. Do not be afraid that it could negatively affect your baby or you.
Your active baby classes will only benefit, as they improve the blood circulation, nutrition and even mood. For your back exercises will be beneficial, as it helps to remove the spasm from the muscles that back pain and strengthen muscle-coherent system
Additional causes of pain during pregnancy there are Also individual for each woman the cause of the pain:
- The presence of dystrophic degenerative processes in the spine before pregnancy
- Uncomfortable shoes, for example, too high a heel
- Other diseases or pathology
- The uterus is in good shape
- Uterine prolapse
If a woman has a lumbosacral hernia, then it ought to strengthen the control over their illness, especially in the second half of pregnancy:
- Be sure to visit a podiatrist
- To do stretching exercises
- Wear a corset supports . The wearing of corsets are also recommended for all women who have back pain, starting with 34 weeks of pregnancy.
The difficulties of recent months
The last two months before the birth of a baby is hard for women.
The weight of the fetus is already quite decent, and he's more and more pressure on her spine. Back pain can acquire radicular in nature and to give in the leg, especially when walking
The uterus begins to descend and put pressure on other organs of the pelvis, why do women have symptoms of cystitis
The load on the kidneys in the third trimester increases because of the increased volume circulating through sanguine purificationis system fluid and increase waste products of the fetus.
This may lead to pyelonephritis or symptoms of kidney failure if the woman was already before pregnancy, problems with the kidneys kidney Problems can become an additional source of back pain in pregnant women
Increased tone of the uterus
A common problem during pregnancy - increased uterine tone. In General, this phenomenon is dangerous in the early stages when the risk of miscarriage. In the future it is not for women, except for discomfort, no danger.
For what reasons is the increased tone of the uterus? Both ordinary and scientific:
- Your little one just lightly hit you on the leg, checking: fell asleep, forgot about him, ready for his imminent appearance at the light
- Stress and bad mood results in tone not only "every fiber of the soul", but also the uterus. So during pregnancy you should try to always remain calm and be in a good mood, especially since it is so important for a healthy nervous system of the unborn child
- Muscle strain of the back and abdomen and transferred to the muscles of the uterus
- In the later stages there are false contractions (Braxton Hicks syndrome)
So is the "dress rehearsal" for future genera
What drugs to use from back pain during pregnancy
Pregnant women are often faced with a problem: they, the poor, impossible to use many drugs. So, we all know the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which we take from back pain for pregnant women is unacceptable. Why? Because they have a lot of contraindications, and dangerous to ordinary people and the situation.
If a woman during pregnancy is ill or back pain unbearable?
- For the treatment can be used decoctions of herbs, bee products
- Antispasmodic drugs, which can be used during pregnancy
- You can use homeopathic preparations, which are also completely harmless
If you do everything correctly and follow these simple guidelines, pregnancy shall be made easily, and the baby will be born healthy and happy.