When a doctor diagnoses - cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of treatment are inextricably linked. This is because this disease is considered complex and multilevel, this or that symptom will tell not only about the stage of the disease, but also about what exactly it extends to, to which vital areas of the body are affected.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- When the nerve endings of the spine are compressed, the symptoms take on their characteristic features. Pain develops in the neck, arms and throat, and these pains can be immediately reflected in other areas, such as the back. Breathing and swallowing may be difficult, and the tongue is numb or "swollen. "Noise is heard in the ears and shooting pains are possible, the vision is "blurred" and "darkened" in the eyes. The person begins to experience severe weakness, which affects various organs, perhaps a feeling of severe fatigue and apathy, there is a desire to lie down and rest. There is usually no relief after a break.
- The vertebral artery loses its ability to fully nourish the brain. This threatens the appearance of headaches (constant or periodic), loss of coordination in gait, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disorders such as confusion, hallucinations and mental disorders are possible. A person may feel well at some point, and after any physical exertion, feel any of these symptoms.
- With circulatory disorders, hypertension, tachycardia and spinal cord injury occur. Vegetative-vascular dystonia with constricted arteries and arrhythmia will be observed until osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- The level of intracranial pressure rises, and symptoms such as a feeling of “swelling” of the head caused by severe pain, weakness and vomiting, dizziness, and sudden breakdown occur.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the neck in the form of pain and stiffness of movement can quickly alleviate their condition. The pain must be relieved. Fats will have an effective effect, they are saved economically. When taking painkillers, you must respect the dosage and contraindications.
After alleviating the patient's condition, a doctor should be consulted. We must not forget that analgesics can only mask the symptoms, but they cannot get rid of the disease. Separately, it should be noted that for pain that is reflected from the neck to the back, arm and leg fat is applied exclusively to the neck. But, despite the fact that the person did not go to the doctor, he cannot know the exact diagnosis. And he tries to "cure" everything at once, successfully achieving only an allergic effect.
Treatment is prescribed only after a complete examination and diagnosis. It is intended to improve blood circulation in the affected areas, relieve swelling and tension, and relieve pain. For that, analgesics in the form of ointments or injections (antispasmodics) are used.
Important!It is necessary to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and vitamins B 6 and B 12.
Vasodilators work in different ways. These are neurotropic drugs that act to reduce the nerve impulse and myotropic, acting on the muscles themselves. Thanks to their action, the tone of the walls of blood vessels decreases and their lumen becomes larger, which increases blood flow to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures will help relieve pain and alleviate the patient's condition. Electrophoresis, paraffin and water procedures, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and ultraviolet radiation are successfully used in this disease. Massage (not strong) and corrective gymnastics (regular) have proven themselves well. Wearing special medical necklaces will help support your head and neck.
An alternative, and in other cases an adjunct to treatment, is special gymnastics.
Folk remedies for disease relief
- Gentle massage with warm honey. It is necessary to rub very carefully, then wrap the neck and make, thus, honey warming.
- Rubbing with mixtures that warm the sore spot. They can be alcohol-based - infusions of pepper, garlic, you can use the application of fresh parts of these plants (horseradish, onion, radish are also suitable).
- Warm pine baths. A decoction of 0, 5 kg is prepared. needles and 2 liters. water. This bath is taken within half an hour.
It is necessary to carefully monitor the body's allergic reactions to the ingredients used and keep in mind that these drugs alleviate but do not cure the disease.
A person who has problems with the spine in the cervical spine will have to regularly devote time to this area in order to start moving fully again and will not face this problem in the future.
Speaking of the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, it should be noted:
- importance of diet - food should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and cereals) and vitamins.
- The need to dedicate time to maintaining the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the muscular corset of the neck will be strong enough and will reduce the load on the spine.
- The importance of excluding (or reducing the impact) from your life the factors that cause cervical osteochondrosis. The symptoms and treatment are unpleasant and long lasting, and the prevention is very simple and easy.